CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Basketball star Lebron James on the NBA playoffs and his new movie

LeBron James (Pic:Getty)

Basketball star and giant of the NBA Lebron James explains why he’s currently at the top of his game, talks up the Cleveland Celtics’ hopes in the NBA playoffs and spills the beans on his new movie.

Q: Do you feel this has been your best season yet? And if so, why?

A: I do think this is my best season as an individual thus far and the reason why is that our team was really successful and we continued to play with a great deal of high intensity throughout the whole year. I raised my level also, so I would say this is the best season I have had in the NBA thus far.

Q: What is your reaction to the news that Kevin Garnett could be out for the Playoffs? That certainly opens the door for the Cavs. Also, if you do end up getting through the Celtics, does that mean it is going to be easier for you to pledge your future to Cleveland when you have a chance to sign an extension in July?

A: I think every team that makes the Playoffs is a threat. No matter what you do in the regular season, the top eight teams make the Playoffs, so your record is thrown out the window. Boston is a great team with our without KG, so they will still be in the running. There are other good teams like Orlando, Miami; the fist round opponent we play in Detroit, is a really good team. I’m excited to be in Cleveland and I’ve never given any indication of me leaving so this season has nothing to do with me leaving or staying. I am very excited about being part of this franchise.

Q: And about KG being out?

A: I think KG has to do what’s best for him at this point. He doesn’t want to do something that can hurt him for a long period of time for next season. I know the team may be a little bit down, but they still have a lot of veteran guys and they still have two All-Stars that can play the game of basketball really well, so they are going to be fine.

Q: You are 82 games into the season already, you’ve had a fantastic workload and now you have to peak again to go into, potentially, four series in the post-season. How do you prepare yourself mentally and physically to go again after such a long time, seven or eight months already?

A: We all know it’s a new season now. We had a great regular season and no one can take that away from us but that’s over and done with now. We have a bigger goal, and our main goal is to win an NBA Championship, so it’s relatively easy to get back focus for the postseason because we know it’s the best part of the season. The Playoffs is like taking a kid to a candy store – you don’t want to leave. So we’re really excited about it.

Q: How much has Pau Gasol improved the Lakers and how do you see them as a possible Finals rival?

A: I think the Pau Gasol trade goes down in history as one of the biggest trades in sports history along with some of the other great trades in the sport of basketball. He has definitely helped that team become the team they are today. He is a very, very good player and it will be a great matchup if we can get to The Finals, and the Lakers can get to The Finals, to face-off against each other.

Q: How did you manage to make your teammates better this season?

A: Well my game is geared around making my teammates better; it’s nothing I did differently. Maybe being more vocal or being more of a leader. The way I play the game automatically gets my teammates involved because I like to pass, I’m a very unselfish player, a very unselfish person, so it was very easy for me to get my teammates involved and get them better everyday.

Q: Can you talk a little bit about the Pistons? It seems like everyone is saying bring on the Celtics, bring on the Lakers and they are overlooking the first and second rounds. What’s your take on the Pistons?

A: There is no way you can overlook the Pistons. This is a team that has been to the Conference Finals like six years in a row. You can never overlook a team that has been through all the ups and downs of the Playoffs. We know how experienced that team is, and how powerful and dangerous that team is, so we are looking forward to the challenge just like we were in the Eastern Conference Finals. We know its going to be a good test for us.

Q: What’s the difference this year in the Cavs? Is it Mo Williams? Is it that the team adjusted to each other? Or has your game elevated so much to carry the team?

A: I think its all three. The addition of Mo in the offseason has really helped us. The team chemistry from day one, everyone was focused on the championship and getting better every day from the first day of training camp, and then just my game getting better through the off-season and bringing that to implement it in to our team. Everything you just said is the reason we are on top of the NBA and finished with the best record in the NBA, and we have to continue to play like we are one of the best teams in the NBA in the post-season.

Q: How much of a motivation is the 4-0 defeat in the ‘07 Finals for you?

A: It’s a big motivation to see how close we were, but how far we were from a NBA championship team. That motivated me a lot and that’s a lot of the reason I am the player I am today. You can only get better when you hit trials and tribulations or bumps in the road. I definitely used that as motivation and that’s why you guys see the player you see today in LeBron James.

Q: After such a great season, would you feel it would be an opportunity missed if you were not to be the champions this time around?

A: I feel like I’m at a point in my career if I’m not competing for a championship, I’m wasting my time and I’m wasting my teammates time. To be in a position to be in the Playoffs and fight for an NBA championship, I’m looking forward to it.

Q: What aspects of your game do you see that you still need to improve on and what will you be doing in the off-season for that?

A: Every part of my game needs improvement and its going to continue to get that improvement in the time I spend on the court in practices and games. There is not one distinct thing that I can look at and say you are drastically not improving in that area. I think everyday I practice I get better and I work on certain things. When you are playing the game of basketball, it really helps because when you are out there you are going against certain defenses and going against certain sets. Every part of my game is always improving every time I step on the basketball court.

Q: Are you going to wear new Nike sneakers for the Playoffs?

A: Yes, absolutely. The new Nikes are called the Zoom Soldier 3. They will be in stores this Friday and I will be wearing them in the upcoming Playoffs.

Q: How are they going to be?

A: They are going to be great. They are going to be like me.

Q: I heard wind about a movie that will be coming out in the fall, can you tell us a bit more about that?

A: The movie is called More Than a Game. It’s about me and my four best friends setting out with the dream of winning a national championship and not knowing that the game of basketball would create friendship and brotherhood. It will be coming out in October and I’m looking to do a world tour where I will promote the movie in a couple of cities in Europe -- in London and Paris, and one more city that is to be announced. It’s going to be great. I think every basketball team and everyone that’s in sports, parents; we should all go out and see it because it’s very inspirational.

Q: Can you give us a little more detail? Is a documentary type approach or is it film? Fiction or fact? How would you describe it?

A: It’s everything. It’s action because the game of basketball and people love to see highlights. It goes to peoples’ backgrounds. It goes through all of my four best friends’ backgrounds. It’s very inspirational so you look at the game of basketball different and you look at life different. Certain people are put in your life for a certain reason, and if you take that opportunity, you might be led in the right direction. And we were led in the right direction because we were put with this guy, Coach Dru Joyce.

Q: Are you excited about playing the Lakers since they were the only to beat you in Cleveland?

A: We lost last night at home also against the Philadelphia 76ers, so we lost two games at home. It doesn’t matter who we play against, at home or on the road, we take the challenge. If we go out there and play well and we lose, then we can be satisfied with that. One thing we try to do is control what we can do and hopefully put ourselves in a position where we can try to win ballgames.

Q: How do you feel about the MVP race between yourself, Kobe and Wade?

A: I think it was three great seasons by three great players. For me, it was doing the things that I did for my team and as an individual. The way D-Wade came back from injury a year ago and having 15 victories to making the postseason wining 40-plus games this year. I think Kobe Bryant is always arguably the best player in the world. He always made sure his team was playing at a high level. It was three great seasons and I commend those two guys on playing the game of basketball the way they do, it was fun to watch. It was fun to play and it was fun to watch those two guys.


Lebron in Hollywood? Why not? ^_^


Source

0 comments: